PhD in Social Work
Fordham University's PhD in Social Work program empowers you to be a leader of change in education, research and organizations. Our accredited integrated curriculum allows you to focus on social work practice or policy and implementation, while also concentrating on a specific field such as gerontology, children and family services, and health or mental health.
From our campus at Lincoln Center, the unparalleled diversity of the New York metropolitan area offers unique opportunities for you to collaborate with faculty in research, training, and educational projects while earning your PhD in Social Work.
Our program includes:
- Specializations in practice or policy development and implementation.
- Focus on areas of concentration in gerontology, children and families, and mental health.
- Close collaboration with a faculty of skilled educators and researchers. The Graduate School of Social Service has been cited for the "esprit de corps of the faculty and the interaction of the faculty and students," by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Flexible scheduling and student-centered plans of study—including part-time and full-time—to fit your needs.
- Opportunities to teach in the MSW program.
If you're ready to transform your ideals into a meaningful innovative career, we're ready to help.