Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership
Fordham’s Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership program offers a skills-focused graduate degree designed for leaders and managers in the nonprofit sector. Jointly run by Fordham’s top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service and Gabelli School of Business, this program will give you the solid business foundation and management skills you need while offering a social justice focus on organizational change and leadership.
Supported by expert faculty and comprehensive academic resources, this future-oriented nonprofit management program emphasizes the development of sophisticated leadership skills. As a student in the program, you’ll benefit from the expertise of our leadership mentors, who serve as current leaders in a wide range of nonprofit and for-profit organizations.
- Emphasis on the development of practical skills and knowledge
- Deep commitment to the values of social justice
- Mentorship from experienced leaders in the field
- Strong focus on leadership
- Curriculum that covers ethics, organizational culture, resource assessment, social innovation, fiscal management, executive board relations, social innovation, fundraising, and more
- Learning labs, taught by leadership mentors, that help you translate theory into real-world application
- One-year, 30-credit program designed for working professionals
- Hybrid program that improves workload flexibility and work-school-life balance
- Three on-campus courses
- Learning labs on Saturdays (every other week for seven sessions) that correlate to leadership courses
- Three fully online courses that are asynchronous (no live instruction time), allowing you to access the material and structure your learning at your own pace
As a graduate of Fordham’s Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership, you’ll be an ideal candidate for positions in a variety of settings, from healthcare to social service agencies to the arts. Possible positions include:
- Chief executive officer
- Director of programs
- Director for individual giving or events
- Chief board relations officer
- Senior operations manager
If you're ready to make a difference in your agency, community—and career—we're ready to help.