Skip to main content

MS in Nonprofit Leadership Frequently Asked Questions

Will there be scholarships available?
We have a list of external scholarships which are available to all to apply. Additionally, you may search the following sites for scholarships:,,, and The Fordham Center for Nonprofit Leaders is also actively seeking funds to provide scholarships to its students.

If I have a Master of Social Work degree can I transfer credits to the Master of Science Program?
No, you are not able to transfer credits from previous institutions or degrees. The Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership is a specialized program with a curriculum approved by New York State. In order to receive a Master of Science degree, a student must complete the entire course load.

When do I pay tuition?
Tuition is billed once you are enrolled and registered for classes. Payment plans may be started earlier. View our Tuition and Financial Aid.

How do I apply for financial aid?
Students are encouraged to apply early and to fill out their FAFSA to be considered for financial assistance in the form of federal loans.

Will I receive a Master of Social Work Degree?
No. Students will receive a Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership degree upon completion of the program.