MA in Youth and Young Adult Ministry
36 Credits | Online
Beginning with the guidelines for the formation of lay ecclesial ministers outlined in Co-Workers in the Vineyard of the Lord, the MA in Youth and Young Adult Ministry program addresses students' needs for human and personal formation, spiritual formation, intellectual formation, and pastoral formation.
The Youth and Young Adult Ministry concentration focuses on understanding adolescent and young adult religious, spiritual, moral and psychological development. Students choose from among courses in community, family and religious education; curriculum and religious education; adult learning and development and other areas of religious education and pastoral studies. Students are asked to direct their studies in either religious education or pastoral studies as they prepare for a career path as either religious education/catechesis with youth and young adults in parishes, schools, college and university campuses, and dioceses or Jesuit volunteer corps members. Our youth ministry degree is offered online.
MA Religious Education: Youth and Young Adult Ministry Online Curriculum
(3 courses, 9 credits)
- REGR 6840 Youth and Young Adults
- REGR 6841 Special Questions: Youth and Young Adult Ministry
- REGR 6188 Religious Education and Human Development
Additional Religious Education Course Required:
In addition to the other courses, to complete the MA Youth and Young Adult Ministry entirely online, one additional course is required.
(1 course, 3 credits)
- REGR 6632 Moral Education and Development
Religious Studies Requirements:
(8 Courses, 24 credits)
- 1 course in Old Testament
- 1 course in New Testament
- 6 courses in Religious Studies (courses to be taken in the areas of Pastoral Care and Counseling, Pastoral Studies/Ministry, and Spirituality)