Do you have any questions about our academic programs? Sign up for a coffee chat with a member of our admissions team.
Additional Application Information
- The Gabelli School of Business has moved to the BusinessCAS application for all graduate business on-campus degree programs.
- The information in the first three sections of the application can be applied to other graduate business programs who use this application and the fourth section will specific questions/requirement to the Gabelli School of Business degree program you choose to apply to.
- Click here for BusinessCAS guidelines on how to fill out and submit a BusinessCAS application.
- The priority deadline for merit-based scholarship consideration is January 22.
- Applications must be submitted online and require a $150 non-refundable application fee.
- International students requiring a visa to study in the United States should apply for the Fall 2020 term by June 11.
- Admission to the JD/MBA program requires a separate application and successful admission to the Fordham University School of Law.
- Applicants to the MS in Healthcare Administration should submit completed applications to the Fordham University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Standardized tests (e.g., GMAT, GRE, EA) are a component of the application process and play an important role in the holistic evaluation process of any academic program. Considering challenges brought about by the coronavirus pandemic, for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle, standardized tests are optional* for all MBA and specialized masters (MS) programs.
Applicants who do not submit a standardized test (e.g., GMAT, GRE, EA) are welcome to submit 'Other' supporting evidence to bolster the strength of their application (no more than 5). While each academic program is unique and has distinct requirements, examples of supporting evidence includes, but is not limited to, the examples below; all of which may assist the Admissions Committee in evaluating an applicant’s fit and readiness for graduate business studies.
- Proof of prior knowledge/experience in a subject matter deemed relevant by the program to which you are applying (e.g., computer programming languages [Python, R], statistics, etc.).
- Industry certifications such as CFA, CPA, CAP, PMP, PHR, PE, or Six Sigma.
- Standardized exams like the MCAT or LSAT.
- Non-degree coursework such as completed MOOC certificates (e.g., Coursera, edX), MBAMath, micro-masters/nanodegrees, or advanced certificates.
*Official GMAT or GRE test scores are required for the MS in Quantitative Finance (MSQF) program.
If you choose to submit an official GMAT or GRE test score as part of your application, you will need to add your test score information under 'Standardized Test' in the Academic History section. You will also be required to send your official test scores to the Gabelli School of Business Graduate Admissions Office. Click here for Gabelli’s test score codes.
Please review the program pages to learn more about what makes an ideal candidate for each program.
Standardized Testing: English language proficiency
Applicants will need to provide an English-language test score from TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test (DET), or PTE Academic if English is not their native language, unless: (1) you’ve earned an undergraduate or graduate degree at a U.S. college or university, (2) your education was completed exclusively in English in an English-speaking country; view the list of countries accepted, or (3) you received an undergraduate or graduate degree from a university in India (In some cases, we may request language proficiency test scores).
The Gabelli School of Business considers English language proficiency test scores to be valid for up to two years from the term of entrance and must be valid at the time you submit your application.
- TOEFL Internet-based Test (iBT): 100
- IELTS: 7
- PTE: 68
- DET: 120
We reserve the right to evaluate an applicant’s English based on an admission interview and an ESL test prior to the start of classes. Based on the results from either or both, English language courses may be required as part of the Gabelli School curriculum.
For more information about international admissions, please contact Gabelli School of Business graduate admissions at email@example.com or 212-636-6200.