IT Risk Assistant
DIVISION: University Information Security Office
POSITION: IT Risk Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Director of IT Risk and Data Integrity
The University Information Security Office (UISO) at Fordham University is charged with designing and implementing IT security through policies procedures, standards and guidelines. The IT Risk and Data Integrity division of the UISO is responsible for identifying and documenting technology risk and building business continuity and disaster recovery plans as well as communicating compliance issues to the university.
The IT Risk Assistant will be a resource to the UISO providing assistance in meeting their goals and priorities. The IT Risk Assistant will work closely with the Director of IT Risk and Data Integrity and staff as well as occasionally interacting with the Directors of IT and Application Security.
- You must be a registered fulltime student during the full year of your appointment.
- You are expected to be and remain in good academic standing. Candidates who are on probation or provisional registration may not be considered.
- Maintain good citizenship.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 2.70.
- All IT Risk Assistants are expected to uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies.
- Students currently enrolled with a concentration in Information Technology or majoring in Computer Science are preferred.
- Good written and data entry skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, and Web Design (html or WYSIWYG editor) is desirable.
- Assist IT Risk staff in entering data in systems of record.
- Reconcile and correct differences in multiple databases regarding systems and risks contained therein.
- Assist in transcribing notes from Risk Assessments and Business Impact Analyses.
- Modify and maintain webpages containing documentation for policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Assistance with the deployment and upkeep of the UISO policy web sites, including but not limited to providing design and layout options.
- Assist in the performance of compliance audits against university accepted security controls.
- Record and track IT Risks as directed by IT Risk staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: $13.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.