LITE Tech Assistant
DIVISION: Instructional Technology
POSITION: Learning & Innovation Technology Environment (LITE) Tech Assistant at RH
SUPERVISOR: LITE Manager
Fordham University’s new LITE brings a much-needed broad and innovative integrated space to the Fordham community. LITE includes but is not limited to emerging technologies with virtual and augmented reality, a maker space with multiple 3D printers, a large-format printer, a laser cutter, a 3D scanner, and other high-end design tools. LITE also provides the Fordham community with a sound-suppressed recording room for video recording and podcasting.
The ideal candidate tinkers, designs, trains, and maintains the area and constantly stays updated on new technology innovations. This position requires collegiality and the ability to be flexible as this program continues to evolve. The candidate must maintain a connective, safe environment to build a positive rapport with the Fordham community. Activities or experiences with science, technology, design, and/or STEM curriculum would be beneficial but not required.
Fordham IT encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
- Ability to work alongside a diverse group of faculty, students, and staff
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Suite, and Video Conferencing platforms. Experience with photo and video editing software is a plus.
- All students must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their appointment.
- All students are required to use Fordham University’s email system for all work-related communications.
- Supporting and collaborating with the Fordham community, including various IT and academic departments on technology integration, innovation initiatives, and learning opportunities.
- Daily checks in the LITE space at the start and just before the end of the work shift to ensure that all equipment is fully operational at all times.
- Work alongside the LITE manager to create a plan for social media and increase followers on popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Facilitating workshops and training for the Fordham Community
- Creating and maintaining a repository of tutorials on using equipment safely and documenting projects built in the space.
- Maintaining equipment, tools, materials, safe use, and schedule of the Makerspace
- Facilitating and supervising faculty and student-driven innovation projects in our space
- Other tasks as assigned by the LITE supervisor.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.