IT Communications Intern
- Must be a sophomore or junior in the year of appointment.
- Must be a full-time Fordham undergraduate student in good academic standing.
- Have successfully completed Fordham University's Composition II course or the equivalent.
- Reliable, quick learner who can work with minimal supervision.
- Must uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies.
- Possess strong writing skills.
- Open-minded and willing to work on a variety of projects.
- Comfortable with WordPress G Suite and Adobe applications, such as InDesign and PhotoShop. Some training can be provided.
- Photography and photo editing skills a plus
- Assist with the updating of Fordham IT's web pages. Training in Jadu, the website CMS, will be provided if needed.
- Write blog posts about technology at Fordham for Fordham IT News.
- Curate a twitter stream for @FordhamIT that is targeted at students, as well as a general stream with news and information about technology relevant to the Fordham community.
- Collaborate with the Director of IT Communications on new ideas, directions, and venues for communications and marketing to the University.
- On-site assistance with events sponsored by Fordham IT at Rose HIll and Lincoln Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pays close attention to details, double checks work.
- An effective communicator with strong writing skills.
- Firm grasp of how to use Twitter effectively. Experience with other social media and blogging platforms.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Reliable and on time for appointments, responds promptly to emails, appointment invitations, and text messages during the University's regular business hours.
- Gain experience in communications and working for an IT organization.
- Build your portfolio.
- Establish employment references from an IT organization.
- Flexible scheduling.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Apply online. You are required to attach your resume to the application. If you are selected for an interview, a writing sample will be requested.