IT Security Intern
DEPARTMENT: University Information Security Office (UISO) is charged with designing and implementing IT security through policies procedures, standards and guidelines.
POSITION: IT Security Internship
SUPERVISOR: Director of IT Security
- Must have 10 hours a week available.
- Must be a full-time Fordham undergraduate student in good academic standing.
- Maintain good citizenship.
- Must uphold, enforce and abide by all University policies.
- Strong writing skills.
- Preference given to students with working knowledge of TCP/IP, Microsoft Word, Visio, and Excel, and web design (html or WYSIWYG editor).
- Preference given to students enrolled with a concentration in Information Technology or majoring in Computer Science.
- Provide grass root documentation for policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Research and evaluate applications and services for use by the UISO. Provide a matrix when possible, detailing features within each different application or service.
- Design and maintain a web presence for the UISO. This includes but is not limited to providing links or incorporating features such as a “Tip of the Day” or security and virus threat watches available from most vendors.
- Assistance with the deployment and upkeep of the UISO website content.
- Provide first level compliance monitoring and investigations.
- Assist with forensics analysis and fact gathering.
- Assist with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for specific applications, services, networks and servers as required.
- Assist with UISO applications/tools including but not limited to SIEM, IPS, Netflow, email gateway protection, and DLP tools.
- Perform compliance audits against University-accepted security controls.
- Record and track IT security incidents, including but not limited to copyright violations, compromised accounts, email threats, and abuse reports from various sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour
Apply online. You are required to attach your resume to the application.