Lab Assistant | RH and LC
POSITION: Faculty Technology Center (FTC) Lab Assistant, Rose Hill or Lincoln Center
DIVISION: Instructional Technology Academic Computing (ITAC) - manages the computer teaching labs and public computer labs on all three campuses.
SUPERVISOR: FTC Supervisor
- Daily checks to ensure that all computing equipment is fully operational at all times.
- Ensure that there is NO eating or drinking in the labs.
- Ensure that all software programs and applications (in particular, software programs and applications on which the University has standardized) are available and operational.
- Assist public computing users who request help in using either hardware or software installed in the lab's computers.
- Provide informational assistance to queries about other services of IT in general and ITAC specifically.
- Distributing users’ print jobs
- Making sure printer supplies (paper, toner, etc.) are in stock.
- Other tasks as assigned by the lab supervisor.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE (training provided)
- Must have a basic working knowledge of the Pharos print system.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of the products such as Blackboard and Microsoft Office.
- Students assigned to work at the computer teaching labs are required to have knowledge of Intel-based Pentium desktops with Windows.
- Computer Lab Assistants must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their appointment.
- All students are required to use Fordham University’s email system for all work-related communications.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.