Project Management Intern
DIVISION: Project Management Office
POSITION: Project Management Intern
SUPERVISOR: Director of Project Management
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn about Project Management and Information Technology. You will work on projects that will give you hands-on experience with IT tools, project management methodology, business analysis, quality assurance and change management. The opportunity will allow you to sharpen your communication and problem-solving skills in a business environment.
WHAT WE EXPECT
We expect you to be motivated and proactive. You will work collaboratively with team members, actively participate in discussions, decisions and all project activity. You will work as part of a team and as an individual. You will be engaged and should take pride in your work.
ARE YOU A MATCH?
We are looking for Interns who are:
- Collaborative. Use strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in ways that foster trust and show flexibility. Easily adapt to varied roles on teams from follower to leader. Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Self-Directed: Must be able to complete projects with limited supervision. Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed.
- Interested in technology and project management.
- Support project managers in managing schedules and milestones; ensuring that weekly project statuses are received from team members.
- Documenting resourcing needs, availability and commitments.
- Identifying and managing scope, constraints, risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and deadlines; documenting risk mitigation plans.
- Assisting with documentation and other project deliverables.
- Creating wireframes, mockups, prototypes, screen designs and report layouts.
- Coordinating aspects of user testing, producing test cases; scheduling UAT cycles, setting up test data, and participating in UAT.
- Good MS Office or equivalent skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Junior, senior, or current graduate student pursuing studies in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Business Administration (or a related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a 3.0+ overall GPA
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour