Media Services Intern
Department: Teaching and Learning Environment (TLE)
Position: Media Services Intern | RH or LC
Supervisor: Manager, Teaching and Learning Environment
Teaching and Learning Environment is looking for a bright, hard working student to perform daily checks of IT equipment in academic spaces. Candidate will be expected to check all academic spaces on a rotating schedule to test functionality of technology. Candidate should have working knowledge of audio and visual technologies, typical business computer hardware, Windows and Mac OSes, and IP networking; some training will be provided.
- Must be a registered Fordham student in good academic standing during the semester of their employment.
- Reliable, quick learner who can work with minimal supervision.
- Must have 15-19 hours per week available, primarily evenings and/or weekends.
- Must uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies.
- Assess state of classroom technology, troubleshoot and repair common issues when discovered.
- Create tickets to document issues and repairs.
- Perform A/V device adjustments, firmware upgrades, and installations as directed by TLE Manager.
- Installation of software on Windows PCs and Macs.
- Gathering of new inventory data, confirmation of existing inventory data.
- Troubleshooting of A/V device networking, PC/Mac networking.
- Working together with TLE Manager to remotely troubleshoot A/V and computer issues.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, 10, OS X/macOS, TCP/IP.
- Familiarity with A/V standards, serial communications, and signal flow a plus.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.