Change Your AccessIT ID Password Every 180 Days
Fordham University recommends that all faculty, staff, and students change their AccessIT ID password every 180 days.
If you do not reset your password within this time, you will be locked out of all University resources that require your AccessIT ID. You will then have to reset your password by going to the portal login page and clicking on Forgot password or New user: Claim Account below the login button. Follow the same procedure to reclaim your account at any time if you forget your password and security questions.
Remember to update your new password information on all your devices, such as cell phones and tablets.
Do you know the latest thinking about how to create passwords and use them effectively? Find out by taking our free, self-paced online Cyber Security Awareness training. It can be found under "My Courses" in Blackboard, accessed at fordham.blackboard.com.
Password Complexity Guidelines
- Cannot contain your AccessIT ID, FIDN, your name or email
- Must be 8 characters or more
- Must contain at least 1 numeric character (0-9)
- Must contain at least 1 UPPER and 1 lower case character
- Your password must not be reused
- Cannot contain these special characters: @&/
- Avoid using birthdates, names, unaltered words that can be found in a dictionary including non-English words, words spelled backwards, telephone numbers, social security numbers, famous or other proper names, and alphabetic or keyboard sequences, e.g. QWERTY
NEVER share your password or other sensitive information in an email, and do not respond to emails that request your AccessIT ID, password, or other personal information. Fordham IT will NEVER ask for your AccessIT ID or other personally identifiable information.