Your computer must have a firewall enabled to access the University network. Antivirus software usually provides a firewall. Fordham provides antivirus protection to all University-issued devices.
If running an unmanaged antivirus solution, you may need to enable your operating system's firewall by following the steps below.
Contact IT Service Desk if you have questions or need help enabling your firewall.
- Click on Start > Control Panel > System and Security
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall On or Off
- Set to Turn on Windows Firewall for all network locations
- Click OK
- Close the Control Panel window
- Click on the icon in the Taskbar
- Click on System Preferences
- Click the Security & Privacy icon
- Navigate to the Firewall tab
- Click the lock in the bottom left corner of the panel
- Click "Turn On Firewall"