Many of Fordham students complete internships in a variety of fields. Such students engage in experiential learning while building the skills needed to be successful in future endeavors. Internships provide a valuable experience and professional development.
Internships can be paid or for academic credit. Students who have completed 60 credits and maintain a 3.0 GPA are eligible to hold an internship for credit under the direction of a faculty mentor. Below are a few of the exciting internships held by Fordham College at Lincoln Center students:
- Schomburg-Mellon Humanities Institute
- New York Historical Society
- Historic Richmond Living History Museum
- American India Foundation
- Guggenheim Museum
- Toyota Financial Services
- "60 Minutes"
- "Saturday Night Live"
- New York State Assembly
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Interfaith Center
- Marvel Comics
- Motown on Broadway
- Cirque du Soleil's Mystere
- NYC Department of City Planning
- French Embassy
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Major League Baseball
- National Football League
In many cases, academic departments keep a list of internship sites in New York City. A list of departmental chairs is available in Lowenstein Center 804.
Questions about internships should be directed to the Office of Career Planning and Placement, 33 W. 60th St. 8th floor, 212-636-6280.