Many of Fordham students complete internships in a variety of fields. Such students engage in experiential learning while building the skills needed to be successful in future endeavors. Internships provide a valuable experience and professional development.
Internships can be paid or for academic credit. Students who have completed 60 credits and maintain a 3.0 GPA are eligible to hold an internship for credit under the direction of a faculty mentor. Below are a few of the exciting internships held by Fordham College at Lincoln Center students:
- Schomburg-Mellon Humanities Institute
- New York Historical Society
- Historic Richmond Living History Museum
- American India Foundation
- Guggenheim Museum
- Toyota Financial Services
- "60 Minutes"
- "Saturday Night Live"
- New York State Assembly
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Interfaith Center
- Marvel Comics
- Motown on Broadway
- Cirque du Soleil's Mystere
- NYC Department of City Planning
- French Embassy
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Major League Baseball
- National Football League
In many cases, academic departments keep a list of internship sites in New York City. A list of departmentl chairs is available in Lowenstein Center 804.
Questions about internships should be directed to the Office of Career Services, 140 W. 62nd St., Suite G-49, 212-636-6280.