FCLC Dean's Undergraduate Research and Creative Practice Grants
- Must be a junior or senior at Fordham College at Lincoln Center during the Fall of 2021
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A concrete and viable proposal of 2-3 pages (see below for details)
- The agreement of a faculty member to mentor the research project
- An evaluation of the project by the prospective faculty mentor
- A copy of the student's transcript (unofficial version, printed from Banner)
Proposals must include:
- A brief (350-400 words) synopsis of the project, clearly identifying its purpose and the question or issue to be investigated
- A brief (200 words or fewer) statement of the relevance of the project to long-term educational or career goals
- An eight-week schedule, breaking down the project into its component parts and estimating how many hours will be required for each part. The schedule should indicate whether the student would have part-time work or any other demands on his/her time during the research period.
- A budget for the project, including housing (no more than $1,000 can be budgeted for housing) or commuting expenses, living expenses, travel expenses if research requires a trip outside of New York City, and any other costs associated with research (e.g., materials; photocopying or printing; library, archive or museum entrance fees, etc.), up to a maximum of $3,500.
- Friday, March 5, 2021
Students applying for grant funding are strongly advised to attend the Zoom workshop:
Learn How to Write a Better Grant Application
Thursday, February 11, 2021, 1 - 2 p.m.
RSVP to email@example.com
The mentor will submit the faculty evaluation form separately. If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.