STEP Activities and Support
As a STEP scholar, you’ll participate in exciting and challenging classes and activities. High school students will receive college counseling and help with applying for financial aid.
- Enrichment classes and laboratories: Advanced work in STEM subjects (mathematics, science, computer science) and English.
- Special lectures and workshops: Introductions to specialized fields in the health professions, computer science, engineering, law, and others.
- Tutorials and study groups: Students may receive individual and group tutorials in all subjects.
- Research: Opportunities to conduct scientific research and present findings to a panel of experts.
- Internships (for high school students only): Opportunities to gain hands-on experience in STEM fields and other careers.
- Career activities: Guest speakers, field trips, career testing, and conferences.
- College counseling and support: Preparation for the SAT, academic, career, and financial aid support. Students receive individualized counseling for the college and high school selection process.
- Cultural and recreational activities: Classroom academics are enhanced by field trips to colleges and universities, museums, research facilities, theaters, and other cultural institutions.