The 175th University Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 10 a.m., at the Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx. Tickets will only be required in the event of severe weather. Please refer to the University Commencement website for more information.
Graduate School of Education Diploma Ceremony
The Graduate School of Education Diploma Ceremony will be held on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 3 p.m., at the Rose Hill Gymnasium. Tickets are required. Degree candidates who applied for graduation will receive tickets in March (exact date to follow).
Students without a cap and gown will not be allowed to participate in either ceremony. Therefore, it is very important that you order a cap and gown. We will send you an email when the system for ordering your cap and gown is available. Doctoral candidates are required to return rental caps and gowns following the GSE Diploma Ceremony on Monday, May 18, 2020. Master’s candidates may keep their cap and gown.
Apply for Graduation
To apply, please go to:
- Student tab: Banner Self Service/Student/Student Records/Apply to Graduate
If you are not sure if you are eligible to graduate, please contact your advisor immediately.
Deadline to apply:
- February 5 – May 2020 Graduation
- June 30 – August 2020 Graduation
To receive tickets, your name must be included in the list of graduates. Therefore, we are asking all MAY AND AUGUST 2020 degree candidates to please apply for graduation now.
- Complete Graduate Exit Form and Course Evaluation Forms: An email containing the forms will be sent to your Fordham email account.
- Verify the Exact Degree Being Earned: M.S., M.S.T., M.S.Ed., P.D., Ed.D., Ph.D. Check the Graduate School of Education Bulletin.
- Pay Any Outstanding Bills: Contact the University Enrollment Services office to clear up any unpaid charges at 718-817-4900.
Who can attend and walk in the GSE Diploma Ceremony?
- August 2019 Graduates
- January 2020 Graduates
- May 2020 Degree Candidates
- August 2020 Master’s Degree Candidates*
- August 2020 Doctoral Degree Candidates who have successfully passed their dissertation oral defense*
*These candidates will not receive diplomas, nor will their names be listed in the 2020 Commencement Booklet. Their names will be listed in the 2021 Commencement Booklet.
At the GSE Diploma Ceremony, each graduate's name is called, and they walk across the stage one by one to receive a scroll from the Dean. Doctoral candidates will be “hooded” on stage by their mentors. Diplomas are picked up immediately after the ceremony, at the reception in the McGinley Cafeteria.