Kappa Delta Pi
International Honor Society in Education
Fordham students who qualify for membership are invited to apply to Kappa Delta Pi during the spring semester. All applications are reviewed by the membership committee composed of chapter officers and Fordham faculty. Induction of new members takes place during the spring semester. This year's deadline to apply is Monday, February 11, 2019. The Graduate School of Education Honor Society Induction Ceremony will be held on Monday, March 11, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. (families are welcome). For more information, please contact Dr. Molly Ness, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapter Faculty Advisor:
Dr. Molly Ness
Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education, is dedicated to scholarship and excellence in education. Although it was formed beginning in 1904, it was not established as a national organization until 1924. The first international chapter was installed in 1981.
Kappa Delta Pi is a community of scholars dedicated to worthy ideas which:
- Recognize scholarship and excellence in education;
- Promote the development and dissemination of worthy educational ideas and practices;
- Enhance the continuous growth and leadership of its diverse membership;
- Foster inquiry and reflection on significant educational issues; and
- Maintain a high degree of professional fellowship.
For GSE candidates, the requirements for membership in the Lambda Xi Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi at Fordham University are as follows:
- Matriculation in a master's or doctoral program in Fordham's Graduate School of Education (minimum of 14 credits completed).
- Written recommendation by one faculty member, submitted in hard copy or emailed to email@example.com.
- Achievement of a minimum 3.7 grade point average in all graduate work.
- Potential for scholarship, leadership, and service.
A completed application should include the following:
- Two copies of the completed application form.
- A check payable to Kappa Delta Pi for student membership in the amount of $48.00 (yearly dues are $47.00 and there is a $1.00 first-year insurance fee).
- A check for $15.00 payable to Fordham University/Kappa Delta Pi for local chapter dues.
Please mail application and checks to Dr. Molly Ness, Fordham University Graduate School of Education, 113 West 60th Street, Room 1003E, New York, NY 10023.
NOTE: Checks will be deposited only after a candidate has been accepted.