GSE Standards, Dispositions, and Conceptual Framework
The GSE community worked together to establish the following list of professional dispositions that we expect all community members to demonstrate.
- Respect cultural diversity and individual differences as strengths.
- Hold the belief that all individuals can learn, regardless of exceptionalities, background, or circumstance.
- Commit to the education of individuals in complex urban and richly diverse communities.
- Commit to integrating theory, research and evidence in guiding practice.
- Believe in lifelong learning and professional education as integral to continuing development of expertise.
- Value a community's nuances and its cultural mores.
- Commit to communication, through a variety of venues, with all members of school/educational community.
- Value reflection in scholarly learning and professional practice.
- Commit to improving practice through personal and collaborative reflection.
- Value the variety of technological resources for enhancing an individual's learning.
- View growth in technological expertise as integral to professional practice.
- Commit to dismantling all forms of inequity/injustice, including discriminatory practices and everyday microaggressions, which violate the dignity and oppress the freedoms of people locally, nationally and globally.
- Believe in the Ignatian mission of "cura personalis" - deep respect for the individual and his/her potential.
- Commit to professional standards of integrity, ethics, and responsibility.
- Value professionalism in dress, language, and behavior.