GSE Graduate Assistantships
Assistantship awards provide tuition remission for one course per semester.
Graduate Assistantships are made in recognition of academic achievement, special competencies, and/or academic potential. They provide opportunities for academic and professional development. There are two types of assistantships:
- Research Graduate Assistantships support research, service, or professional efforts. It may involve flexible hours and off-site or service activities.
- Administrative Graduate Assistantships support programs administratively. Students must be available during regular business hours.
To be eligible for a graduate assistantship, students must
- be enrolled in a minimum of 9 to 12 credits in any degree program within the Graduate School of Education; and
- meet the minimum GPA requirements: 3.5 undergraduate GPA and 3.75 graduate GPA
- International students may apply for graduate assistantships if they meet the GA requirements
How to Apply
New students must apply for Graduate Assistantships during the admissions application process. When completing the online admissions application, check "yes" to receiving GSE School-based aid on the financial aid supplemental form. GSE aid applications will be reviewed once a student has officially been notified by the Admissions Office on their acceptance into a program.
There is no financial aid application deadline for new students, however, awards are issued based on the availability of funds.
If you have already submitted your online admissions application, contact Anisa Sanchez at email@example.com.
Continuing students must apply for Graduate Assistantships via the my.Fordham.edu portal by the February 1st deadline for the following academic year. Students will need to click on the “Student Tab” via the my.Fordham.edu portal and choose the GSE Financial Aid link under "My Accounts," to submit a GA application online.
Applications received after the February 1st deadline will not be accepted.