Online Dissertation Submission - ProQuest/UMI
Procedures for the Presentation of the Dissertation to the Dean
- You are now required to complete the online Ph.D. Exit Survey as part of your presentation. Your responses will be seen only by the Dean and Associate Dean of GSAS, and will not be shared with anyone else under any circumstances. The input you give us will be invaluable in helping us determine how best to allocate resources in years to come (e.g., what sort of professional development workshops to offer). We have made the survey as brief as possible, and you may choose to skip questions that you prefer not to answer. However, the survey itself is required as part of the presentation. Detailed instructions and links will be sent to you via email after your Defense Notification is received by GSAS. The survey must be completed before the dissertation and defense paperwork is submitted to GSAS.
- After oral defense, make any changes in the dissertation that were identified during the defense. Make sure that the changes conform to the formatting guidelines for dissertations and then secure approval of those changes from your mentor and committee.
- Upload your dissertation to ProQuest/UMI: www.etdadmin.com/fordham.
- GSAS will automatically receive an electric confirmation once your dissertation has been uploaded to ProQuest/UMI and we will then review your submission.
- Submit your dissertation with the proper format.
- Continue through the online submission process until completed.
- Follow the instructions to create an account.
- Click on Submit my dissertation/thesis
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED): https://www.nsf.gov/statistics/srvydoctorates/.
- When you have successfully completed the SED, you will receive a confirmation.
- Print out the confirmation and submit it with your paperwork.
- Submit all paperwork required to the GSAS Office of Academic Programs and Support in Keating 216 by the deadline on the GSAS Academic Calendar.
- The survey and the paperwork will be reviewed in absentia. No appointment is necessary.
- However, you are invited and encouraged to submit your paperwork during designated time blocks, when the Associate Dean will be available to answer any questions, chat with you, and congratulate you! If you would like to meet with the Associate Dean but cannot be available during these designated times, you may request a phone call or separate meeting time. Also, if you wish to meet with the Associate Dean, you do not need to do so by the deadline on the GSAS Academic Calendar, as long as your paperwork is completed by then. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.