Santander International Internships Fellowship
Due: Friday, March 27, 2020
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Santander International Internships Fellowships provide support for masters and doctoral students who wish to devote the summer to working with an international non-governmental organization (NGO).
The Santander International Internships Fellowship provides financial support for travel, visas, living and program expenses for GSAS students doing summer internships and field work abroad. The amount of the award can vary depending on the details of the proposal. The amount requested must be justified with a detailed budget and supporting documentation (see GSAS Budget Proposal Form in application instructions below).
Doctoral students and masters students in good standing with satisfactory academic progress according to the guidelines established by GSAS and who will have completed at least one semester of full-time graduate study (minimum of 9 credits) in the GSAS by the time the Fellowship begins are eligible to apply for a Santander International Internships Fellowship.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Prepare the documents listed below. Files should be uploaded on the application site and should begin with the student's name followed by CV, Narrative, Doc., Budget, (e.g. Smith_CV_DISS14F)
- Curriculum Vitae
- An internship/project narrative, not to exceed two double spaced pages (minimum 12 pt. font). It should explain the objectives and goals of the student’s internship experience. (Remember that your narrative will be reviewed by faculty members outside of your disciplinary area.)
- GSAS Budget Proposal Form
- Documentation of Acceptance (if appropriate)
Review and Selection Process
Applications will be ranked by the department and then will be reviewed by the Distinguished Fellowship Committee (DFC). The members of the DFC will read all applications and will make its recommendations to the Dean. Applicants will receive notification through mail and email approving or denying their applications approximately two months after the application deadline.
All fellowship recipients must submit any achievements as a result of receiving the grant within 30 days of completion of the project proposed in the application.