Skip to main content

Course Registration

To maintain F1 or J1 status, you must enroll full time each term. Full time status is defined as at least 12 credits/term for undergraduates, and at least 9 credits/term for graduate students.

If you have any questions about your registration status, please contact your Class Dean (undergraduates) or your Academic Advisor (graduates).

Remember: If you are registered less than full time, this will influence your immigration (F-1/J-1) status!

If you are concerned about your registration status and its influence on your immigration (F-1/J-1) status, you should contact the OIS immediately at

If you believe you will not be able to enroll full time, please see our Reduced Course Load section for information about obtaining immigration authorization for a less-than-full-time registration.