Travel Tips and Reminders
- Check I-20/DS2019 travel signature, be sure it is properly endorsed. You can obtain new travel signature at the OIS office during office hour.
- Check visa expiration date in your passport, be sure it is still valid. If it is no longer valid or will be no longer valid by the time you return to the United States, you will need to renew your visa while you are abroad.
- Check passport expiration date. If your passport is valid less than 6 months, you need to apply for a new passport before you travel.
Always carry I-20/DS2019 and passport in your carry-on bag with you when you travel. For students who are under OPT, be sure to bring EAD card.
Visit the Travel page for more information.
- Review your "completion date." For F-1's, your I-20 ID section 5; for J-1's, your DS2019 section 3, others, check your I-94. If you will need more time or you are completing earlier, notify us about this event.
- Register full time each academic term (For a definition of full-time according to immigration, read the Maintaining Your Status section.
- Complete your studies by the completion date on your I-20 or DS2019.
- If you complete earlier than your current completion date, also notify us.
- Always and immediately keep my office appraised of any change with your local and home
- Let us know when you change your degree program.
- Do not work off-campus without authorization and do not work on-campus more than 20 hours per week during classes in session.
- Please do not hesitate to use the above information or my office’s services to help to make your time at Fordham University as rewarding and enjoyable as possible.