Skip to main content

Faculty Hiring

Full-Time Hires

Fordham's OIS offers visa assistance for full-time non-immigrant instructional staff. Though the most common visa type offered is the H1B visa, the decision on which visa to offer is ultimately based on a variety of factors.

Things to consider:

  • If you are a Fordham department/school hiring someone that will need assistance securing employment authorization, please let OIS know as soon as possible.
  • All incoming non-immigrant staff should complete the New Non-immigrant Hire Questionnaire
  • OIS cannot start the work authorization process until we receive a contract signed by both the new employee and The Office of the Provost.
  • If you are a J-1 subject to 212e, the University cannot sponsor you for H1B status unless you apply for and receive a waiver. Find out more information on the 212e Waiver Process.

Part-time hires

Fordham University does not offer work visa assistance for part-time instructors. However, depending upon their visa status, a part-time instructor may be able to obtain work authorization on their own. These situations vary, so please notify OIS for guidance if you have any questions of concerns.