Work Study Placement Process
Please complete one of the following forms:
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Student Employment Placement Form
- Summer 2018 Student Employment Placement Form
Deposited students with a Federal Work-Study Award in their Financial Aid package and students interested in seeking employment as a non-work study student (and did not receive a federal work-study award) should complete the Academic Year 2017-2018 Student Employment Placement Form.
Please note, newly awarded students will receive a letter with details regarding a work-study placement interview in late June. After receiving the letter students should:
- Schedule a placement interview with the Office of Student Employment.
- Consult with their parents and/or accountant regarding tax withholding forms since we are not able to provide tax advice.
- After scheduling a placement interview complete the applicable forms listed below and bring them to your placement interview:
- Tax Worksheet for Student Employment
- Form W-4 (2017)
- Choose one
- NYS Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (Form IT-2104-E)
- NYS Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form IT-2104)
- Allocation of Withholding Tax (Form IT-2104.1) (required if you live outside of the five boroughs of New York City or Yonkers)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form (Please bring the appropriate documents with you at the time of your scheduled interview since we will be unable to proceed with placement. For example, a passport or photo ID and either birth certificate or social security card)
- New Hire Action Form
- Direct Deposit Application (for students who want their paycheck sent directly to their checking or savings account)
Note to Supervisors
Students may begin work as soon as the Placement Authorization Form is completed and returned to SEO. Supervisors will ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and approved by the SEO prior to hiring student workers.