Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedures
The purpose of this policy and procedures is to ensure that our community members live, work and learn in a safe and respectful environment free from any form of sex and gender discrimination and sexual harassment. If there is a violation of this policy:
- The University will take steps to prevent discrimination and harassment, to prevent any recurrence, and will take appropriate action to remedy the effects of discrimination.
- The University will provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of allegations and complaints brought by the complainant (the person who believes they were discriminated against or a victim / survivor of sexual misconduct) and the respondent (the person whose actions are being evaluated as to whether there was a violation of the University’s policies).
These procedures are used to explain the University’s process and procedures for responding to and resolving reports of violations of this policy, including its investigation and fact-finding process, and the fair and equitable process for resolution and possibly discipline for violating this policy. These policies and procedures also provide Options for Reporting Misconduct Outside the University and Resources Available (on and off campus) to support anyone who has been victimized or impacted by another’s misconduct. You may also refer to the student brochure Campus Assault and Relationship Education (CARE) for further information.
Pages in Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedures
- Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedures
- I. Policy Statement
- II. Purpose
- III. Scope
- IV. Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
- V. Duties of Title IX Coordinator & Designation of Deputy Coordinators
- VI. Conduct Covered by This Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure
- VII. Reporting, Privacy, and Confidentiality
- VIII. How the University Will Respond to Reports
- IX. Rights Afforded to Students