Blackboard for Faculty
> Access Fordham Blackboard through My.Fordham.edu. Login with your AccessIT ID and password and click on the Blackboard icon on the top right of the page.
> Course shells will appear on Blackboard at least one week before the start of the new semester.
> Check your list of courses on Blackboard. Courses are created automatically based on data in Banner. If you are not listed as the instructor for a course in Banner (i.e., the course instructor is marked as TBD), the course will not appear in your list of courses on Blackboard. Contact your department secretary to update the record in Banner.
> The Banner information system automatically adds registered students to Blackboard courses. Students who drop a course will not be unenrolled but listed as unavailable.
- Select the course you want to make available
- Click on the Control Panel drop-down menu
- Click on Customization, then Properties
- Scroll down to Set Availability
- Select Yes if you want the students to access the materials
- Click Submit.
- Any plugin with a red X needs to be downloaded to your computer to view or listen to media on Blackboard.
- Click on Common Third Party File Types. If you cannot open any of these documents, you will need to install a document reader, such as Microsoft Office or Apache's OpenOffice.
- Use only numbers and letters in a file name.
- Avoid using spaces in file names. Instead, use an underscore. For example, My_Paper.
- Do not use special characters such as # or , or . in the file name before the .doc or .pdf extension.