Skip to main content

Recent Updates Fordham offices remain staffed and operating remotely. The University has released its plan, Fordham Forward, to resume in-person teaching and learning for the Fall semester. Full Details

Grades and Records

Record Requests

Transcript of Records: Transcripts may be requested online, in writing, or in person. There is no charge for obtaining your transcript.

Online Requests: Transcripts can be requested online via the Student or Alumni tabs of the student access portal, which can be accessed with an AccessIT ID (when prompted, respond that you DO NOT have a one-time password).

Then follow these illustrated step-by-step instructions.

Written Requests: To mail in a written request, please use the Transcript Request Form

Mail to:
Fordham University
Office of Academic Records
Fordham University
441 East Fordham Rd.
Bronx, NY 10458

Or Fax to:

In-Person Requests: To request a transcript in person, visit Thebaud Hall, first floor, at Rose Hill, or Room 216A at Lincoln Center. At Westchester, please visit the Enrollment Desk at the front of the building.

An official transcript is one bearing the seal of the University. Official transcripts of academic records are not given to students or graduates but are mailed directly to the institution they designate. An unofficial transcript is one given to the person whose credits are listed thereon and is marked "Unofficial." The University accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of an unofficial transcript after it has been issued.

All requests will be honored as quickly as possible (generally seven to 10 business days), but there can be some delays during busy periods such as exams, commencement, registration, start of classes, etc. Please allow three to four weeks for processing during these busy times. Fordham University will not assume responsibility for transcripts that are delayed because they have not been requested in time.

No transcripts or certifications will be issued for students who have unpaid financial obligations to the University.


View an explanation of undergraduate and graduate grades.

Grading and Absence

Pass/Fail: Please use the Pass/Fail Request form. The form must be filed with the Office of Summer Session by the date indicated in the academic calendar.

Absence from Final Examination: A student who for a serious reason does not take the final examination must apply to the faculty member and to the Summer Session dean for approval to take a deferred examination. This application must be made in writing prior to the sixth day following the final examination date. The faculty member will notify the student of the date of the deferred examination. A temporary grade of ABS will be reported.