This curriculum goes beyond number-crunching.
The Gabelli School Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) will help you to see the big picture that your future employer is going to ask you to draw. The curriculum teaches you to pull valuable conclusions from a wide range of information types: big data, business performance data, web and text content, and more.
The 30-credit program consists of 10 courses (seven required and three electives), across three semesters. You can earn the MSBA in one-year of full-time study or two years of part-time study. The schedule below outlines the full-time format; part-time students coordinate their coursework with guidance from the program director and academic advisor.
Students entering the program may have some foundational knowledge in statistics, forecasting, and modeling, but this is not required. Electives and additional courses may be taken to gain this knowledge.
- BYGB 7973 Database Management
- BYGB 7978 Web Analytics
- BYGB 7976 Data Mining for Business
- BYGB 7975 Business Analytics for Managers
- BYGB 7977 Text Analytics
- ISGB 7990 Big Data Analytics
- BYBG 7988 Business Performance & Risk Management and Analytics
Electives may include:
- BYGB 7985 Data Warehousing
- CISC 5700 Cognitive Computing
- CISC 5800 Machine Learning
- CISC 5900 Information Fusion
- CISC 6930 Data Mining
- CISC 6950 Algorithms and Data Analysis
- DGGB 6820 Statistics
- DGGB 7844 Statistical Methods and Computation I
- ISGB 6910 Business Information Technology
- ISGB 7902 Systems Analysis and Design
- ISGB 7980 Business Modeling with Advanced Spreadsheet Methods
- ISGB 7955 Project Management
- MKGB 77AA Marketing Decision Models
- MKGB 779I Data-Driven Marketing Decisions
- SDGB 7840 Explanatory Models
For full course listings and descriptions, visit the academic bulletin.