What should you expect from your academic advisor?
Your advisor will offer guidance in a number of different formats, including:
- One-on-one appointments
- Group sessions
- Planned events
- Walk-in visits
You can expect to receive:
- Information and guidance on your program, including choosing and completing your concentration, major, and/or designation (if applicable)
- Information and guidance on Fordham resources and opportunities, including library resources, student competitions, study abroad, and faculty research centers
- Identifying courses that enhance skills, interests and career readiness
- Guidance to ensure you stay on track and meet your academic goals
- Advice on University policies and procedures, including maintaining matriculation, taking courses at other Jesuit schools, and academic auditing opportunities
If you have any questions or concerns about your academic advising needs being met, please contact Ilze Frierson, assistant dean and lead graduate advisor, at email@example.com or 212-636-7802.