Other Fordham Schools
Guide for the Perplexed:
Registering for Courses at Other Fordham Graduate Schools
You have the option of registering for courses that are relevant to your field or research interests at other graduate schools at Fordham, such as the Graduate School of Education, Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education, and the School of Law. Follow these steps to take advantage of this opportunity:
- Check with your advisor and the Associate Chair of Graduate Studies to confirm that you’re eligible to take the course and that it makes sense for your program.
- Register for the course on my.fordham.edu as you would any other.
- The Associate Chair of Graduate Studies will write you an email verifying that you are eligible to take the course. Forward this email to the contact listed below. This step is necessary for the other school to remove the hold on your registration:
- Graduate School of Education [GSE]: Anthony Cavanna, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education [GRE]: Assistant Dean Patrick Holt (email@example.com)
- Graduate School of Social Service [GSS]: Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Jade C. Docherty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gabelli [GSB]: Associate Dean of Academic Administration Greer Jason-DiBartolo (email@example.com)
- School of Law [LAW]: Academic Records Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You shouldn’t need to pay extra fees to take the course—it is included as part of your GSAS package. If you receive a bill, contact the Associate Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (email@example.com) and copy the Associate Chair of Graduate Studies. They will help you correct the billing mistake.