Graduates order their Cap and Gown online on the Herff Jones site for Fordham University.
5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019.
If the Herff Jones link above is inoperable, please visit fordham.edu/capandgown.
- Order by clicking on the "Cap and Gown" section on the site.
- In the select option, look for Law School and hit enter.
- Go to the section titled "Choose Your Degree Type." JDs, LLMs and SJDs should select "Doctorate." MSLs should select "Masters."
- Select the "Cap & Gown" tab at the top right hand side of the page.
- On the screen, please select the Graduation Regalia icon that appears at the bottom left side of the page. There is no charge for your cap & gown.
- On the next screen, enter the necessary information for your order. If a graduate does not know their cap size, the site provides a downloadable measuring tape.
Cap & Gown Distribution Dates for Law Graduates
1st Distribution: Thursday, April 4, 2019 from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. in Bateman, located on the second floor of the Law School.
2nd Distribution: Thursday, May 16, 2019 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Pope Auditorium on the first floor of Lowenstein Center.
3rd Distribution: Sunday, May 19, 2019 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in Pope Auditorium on the first floor of Lowenstein Center.
When picking up academic apparel, graduates are encouraged to open up the package before leaving the distribution area, so that sizing or other issues can be addressed in a timely manner by a Herff Jones representative.
Failure to order academic apparel by March 1, 2019: Graduates are strongly encouraged to meet with Herff Jones representatives at the 1st Distribution. Extra academic apparel may be available on a "first come, first served basis" and cannot be guaranteed. A $10.00 (cash only) late fee will be charged. Please keep in mind that if a graduate waits until the May distribution dates, the availability of "extra" academic apparel decreases.
Graduates, without an official Fordham University School of Law cap and gown, are not allowed to participate in the ceremony.