Fordham Student Interns
Did you know that more than 81% of Fordham students graduate having done at least one internship?
As a Fordham student, you have access to an engaged team of career advisors who work every day to:
- Cultivate relationships with employers in NYC and beyond so that you can gain professional experience.
- Help students perfect how they present on paper, on video, and on zoom!
- Identify professional opportunities that will teach students new skills in growing industries.
The first step in getting started for this summer:
- Join Handshake.
- Through Handshake, set up an appointment with a Career Services Advisor to work on your resume and begin your internship search.
- Contact the Summer Internship program directors to let them know you are interested in earning 4-credits while you intern this summer. This course, described below, would count as one of the two free courses guaranteed for full-time Fordham students.
It's never too early to begin your search! We encourage you to start working with us this January to get your resume employer-ready!
SOCI 4900 Internship Seminar (CRN 12842)
Fordham students who secure internships in NYC or elsewhere and who wish to earn 4 credits (one course toward graduation requirements) for free this summer while learning to make the most of their professional experience may register for SOCI 4900 Internship Seminar, taught by Holly Young and Kayla Lauricella. Register via my.fordham.edu, CRN 12842.
This class is scheduled for Monday nights, online, 6 - 9:45 p.m., June 1 - August 5, 2021. The course offers the following benefits:
- Insights into making the most of your summer internship experience.
- Career guidance through assessment of your career goals.
- An introduction to the sociology of formal organizations, including work role socialization; organization of social systems; managerial ideologies; and the relationship between character and career.
Fordham students should self-register for this seminar via my.fordham.edu during summer registration.
Housing in NYC for 10 Weeks
Fordham students are eligible to live at either the Lincoln Center or Rose Hill campuses over the summer, regardless of their home school. Applications will be available in the late spring via my.fordham.edu.
Move-in: Dates are forthcoming
Move-out: Friday, August 6, before Noon
Housing: $2,595 (2020 LC rate); $2,180 (2020 RH rate)
Housing rates are finalized in the Spring. A $50 housing deposit is required; please follow the instructions from Residential Life about depositing for Summer housing from mid-March to mid-April.
Cancellations of housing should be made directly with Residential Life (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) by May 15. Students who cancel housing after this date may be subject to full housing charges. Students can drop the Internship Seminar course themselves via my.fordham.edu prior to the Add/Drop deadline of June 1. Thereafter, the refund schedule articulated on the Tuition and Fees page will be followed.
My summer internship was the best experience I could have asked for at this point in my life.Samantha, University of Michigan. Internship: Jacoby and Myers