Summer Internship Tuition and Housing
SOCI 4900 Internship Seminar
Applicants who are accepted into the Internship Program will be registered for SOCI 4900 L11 Internship Seminar, a 4 credit class that meets on Monday nights, 6 - 9:45 p.m. at the Lincoln Center campus, June 1 - August 5, 2021. This course offers the following benefits:
- Assistance from our Career Services team in finding an internship.
- College credits, which unpaid internship sites require.
- Insights into making the most of your summer internship experience.
- Career guidance through assessment of your career goals.
- An introduction to the sociology of formal organizations, including work role socialization; organization of social systems; bureaucracy and its public, formal, and social processes in organizations; managerial ideologies; and the relationship between character and career.
For pre-approval of this course by your institution if you are not a Fordham student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A non-refundable $300 deposit must be paid at the time of registration. The balance of the tuition is due May 15, 2021.
Disclaimer: This is not a placement service. Instead, it is a program designed to teach students: how to optimize their resumes; how to apply for and secure positions in competitive markets; how to network; and how to make the most of their time at their internships.
Housing at Lincoln Center is in 2- and 3-bedroom apartments with kitchens and air-conditioning in the heart of Manhattan. A one-block walk in one direction brings you to Columbus Circle, the South West corner of Central Park, and the Time Warner Shopping Center. Two blocks in another direction brings you to Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, which offers free cultural events on the plaza all summer long.
Students must be registered for and attending the 4-credit Internship Seminar course to be eligible for housing.
Move-in: Sunday, May 30, between Noon and 6 p.m.
Move-out: Friday, August 6, before Noon
Housing: $2,595 (2020 rate)
Housing rates are finalized in the Spring. A $50 housing deposit is required.
Total Charges for 2020
- Tuition: $3,780 (includes assistance from Career Services and 4-credit class)
- Housing: $2,595 (double-occupancy room for ten weeks, meals separate)
- Total: $6,375
Cancellations of housing must be made in writing to email@example.com by May 15. Students who cancel housing after this date will be subject to full housing charges. Withdrawals from the Internship Seminar can be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to withdraw with a full refund, minus the non-refundable $300 application deposit, is May 26. Thereafter, the refund schedule articulated on the Tuition and Fees page will be followed.
My summer internship was the best experience I could have asked for at this point in my life.Samantha, University of Michigan. Internship: Jacoby and Myers