As a cognitive-behavioral therapist, Dr. Andover uses empirically-supported techniques to treat clients ranging in age from childhood to adulthood with a variety of presenting problems, including depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, aggressive behaviors, suicidal ideation and behaviors, NSSI, and borderline personality disorder. She also integrates research and treatment through treatment development and outcome research.
- The treatment of NSSI and attempted suicide
- Functions of different types of self-injury
- Factors contributing to the expression of one form of self-injury versus another
- Factors influencing the expression and severity of NSSI
- Physiological processes in self-injury
- Improved methods of NSSI assessment