Anne Anastasi Professor of Psychometrics and Quantitative Psychology
Email: [email protected]
Rose Hill Campus: Dealy Hall, Room 220
1975 - BA in Psychology and Statistics, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
1979 - MA in Quantitative Psychology, University of NC at Chapel Hill
1980 - PhD in Quantitative Psychology, University of NC at Chapel Hill
- Human judgment
- Individual and group decision making under uncertainty and with vague information
- Information aggregation and “Wisdom of Crowds”
- Statistics for the behavioral and social sciences
- Applied Psychometrics
- Models of Choice and Decision
- PSGA 7816 - Multivariate Analysis
- Experimental Design
- PSGA 7832 - Meta Analysis
- Analysis of Categorical Data
- Rosenfeld, B. Budescu, D.V., Han, Y., Foellmi, M., Kirsh, K.L. & Passik, S. (2020). Does the perceived accuracy of urine drug testing impact clinical decision making? Substance Abuse, 41(1), 85-92.
- Attali, Y., Budescu, D.V. & Arieli-Attali, M. (2020).An item response approach to calibration of confidence judgments. Decision, 7, 1-18.
- Fan, Y., Budescu, D.V., Mandel, D.R. & Himmelstein, M. (2019). Improving accuracy by coherence weighting of direct and ratio probability judgments. Decision Analysis, 16(3), 197-217.
- Han, Y. & Budescu, D.V. (2019) A universal method for evaluating the quality of aggregators. Judgment and Decision Making, 14, 395-411.
- Fan, Y., Budescu, D.V. & Diecidue, E. (2019). Decisions with compound lotteries. Decision, 6(2), 109-133.
- Benjamin, D.M. & Budescu, D.V. (2018). The role of type and source of uncertainty on the processing of climate model projections. Frontiers in Psychology, Published online. 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00403
- Du N. & Budescu, D.V. (2018). How (Over) confident are financial analysts? Journal of Behavioral Finance, 19(3), 308-318. DOI: 10.1080/15427560.2018.1405004
- Ho, E.H., Budescu, D.V. & Por, H. (2017). Psychological challenges in communicating about climate change. In Oxford Encyclopedia of Climate Change Communication. DOI: 10.1093/acrefore/9780190228620.013.381
- Benjamin, D.M, Por, H. & Budescu, D.V. (2017). Climate Change vs. Global Warming: Who is susceptible to the framing of climate change? Environment and Behavior, 49(7), 745-770.
- Bosetti, V., Weber, E., Berger, L., Budescu, D.V., Liu. N. & Tavoni, M. (2017). COP21 Climate negotiators' beliefs about future global temperature increases and their responses to climate model forecasts. Nature Climate Change, 7, 185-189. doi:10.1038/nclimate3208
- Budescu, D.V. & Bo, Y. (2017). A note on standardized covariance. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 77, 180-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmp.2016.07.002
- Bo, Y. Budescu, D.V., Lewis, D., Tetlock, P.E. & Mellers, B. (2017). An IRT forecasting model: linking proper scoring rules to item response theory. Judgment and Decision Making. 12(2), 90-107. journal.sjdm.org/16/16218/jdm16218.pdf
- Por, H., & Budescu, D.V. (2017). Eliciting subjective probabilities through pair-wise comparisons. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 30(2), 181-196. DOI: 10.1002/bdm.1929
- Chen, E., Lakshmikanth, S., Budescu, D.V., Mellers, B.A. & Tetlock, P.A. (2016). Validating the Contribution-Weighted Model: Robustness and cost-benefit analyses. Decision Analysis. 13(2), 128-152. pubsonline.informs.org/doi/abs/10.1287/deca.2016.0329
- Ho, E.H., Budescu, D.V., Dhami, M.K., Mandel, D.R. (2016). On the effective communication of uncertainty: Lessons from the climate change and intelligence analysis domains. Behavioral Science and Policy. 1(2), 43-55.
- Budescu, D.V., Bo, Y. (2015). Analyzing test-taking behavior: Decision theory meets psychometric theory. Psychometrika, 80,1105-1122. doi: 10.1007/s11336-014-9425-x
- Davis-Stober, C, Budescu, D.V., Dana, J. & Broomell, S. (2015). The composition of optimally wise crowds. Decision Analysis, 12,130-143. pubsonline.informs.org/doi/abs/10.1287/deca.2015.0315
- Broomell, S., Budescu, D.V., & Por H. (2015). Personal experience with climate change predicts intentions to act. Global Environmental Change, 32, 67-73. www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095937801500031X
- Park, S. & Budescu, D.V. (2015). Aggregating multiple probability intervals to improve calibration. Judgment and Decision, 10, 130-143. http://journal.sjdm.org/14/141223/jdm141223.pdf