M.S. in Applied Psychological Methods Admissions Information/Requirements
Guidelines and Information
Requirements for admission are a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university (or international equivalent) and GRE scores taken within the past 5 years (general test only). If the applicant has an M.A. or M.S., GREs may be waived. Some undergraduate Psychology coursework is required; this coursework must include statistics.
There is no minimum requirement for GRE scores. However, based on past applications and applications to other psychology programs, we anticipate that successful applicants will have GRE scores above the 60th percentile on each subtest. An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.30 is required for admission.
To apply to the Applied Psychological Methods program, you must fill out the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences’ online application and submit all required supplemental materials. Please refer to the application deadlines page for more information on the application deadline.
Required Materials for Application
- Statement of intent: (up to 500 words, double spaced submtted electronically via the online application)
- Resume/CV: (submitted via the online application)
- Writing Sample: (5 – 20 pages submitted electronically, via the online application)
- Three letters of recommendation: Submitted directly via the online application. Enter the following information for each of your recommendation providers: name, address, email address, phone number, and institution. Make sure you enter your recommenders' email addresses correctly so that they each receive an automated email instructing them on how to submit their recommendations online. Mark the waiver statement for each recommender you enter.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: Due to the impact of COVID-19 on standardized testing, GRE scores are optional for both the Ph.D and M.A. programs for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle. Applicants who wish to submit GRE scores may do so, but scores are not required (scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Code #2259)
- Official degree transcripts: Please be sure to order official final transcripts from all previously attended institutions confirming degree conferral (if applicable) at least one month before the posted application deadline. Transcripts should be sent directly from your prior institution(s) via secure electronic delivery to the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.If electronic delivery is not available, please request that your transcripts be submitted by postal service in a sealed envelope from the institution to:
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Office of Admissions
Keating Hall Room 216
441 E. Fordham Rd.
Bronx, NY 10458
Please note: We strongly recommend that you upload unofficial copies of your academic transcripts to your application while the Office of Admissions awaits receipt of your official transcripts.Please ensure that all official transcripts from previously attended post-secondary institutions are submitted in English, or are accompanied by a certified English translation. For academic transcripts from institutions outside the United States, applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain a course-by-course credential evaluation. Transcripts and credentials conversion information is available on the GSAS International Students page.
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results and the Duolingo English Test (DET) as an assessment of your English competency.
Official TOEFL, IELTS, or DET scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – code #2259. Please consult the English Proficiency page for additional information.
Minimum score requirements for most programs:
|IELTS||7.0 band score|
Please note: exemptions from this requirement can be requested by the applicant in her/his application, or can be made in writing by the applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consult the GSAS English Proficiency page for exemption guidelines.
Please refer to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Admissions page for further clarification, or send admissions questions to email@example.com
If you need assistance filling out or submitting the online application please contact GSAS Admissions at 718-817-4416.