M.S. in Applied Psychological Methods Admissions Information/Requirements
Guidelines and Information
Requirements for admission are a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university (or international equivalent) and GRE scores taken within the past 5 years (general test only). If the applicant has an M.A. or M.S., GREs may be waived. Some undergraduate Psychology coursework is required; this coursework must include statistics.
There is no minimum requirement for GRE scores. However, based on past applications and applications to other psychology programs, we anticipate that successful applicants will have GRE scores above the 60th percentile on each subtest. An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.30 is required for admission.
To apply to the Applied Psychological Methods program, you must fill out the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences’ online application and submit all required supplemental materials. Please refer to the application deadlines page for more information on the application deadline.
Required Materials for Application
- Online Application
- Application Fee: $70
- Statement of intent: (up to 500 words, double spaced submtted electronically via the online application)
- Resume/CV: (submitted via the online application)
- Writing Sample: (5 – 20 pages submitted electronically, via the online application)
- Three Letters of Recommendation: (submitted directly by referees via the online application)
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: Due to the impact of COVID-19 on standardized testing, GRE scores are optional for both the Ph.D and M.A. programs for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle. Applicants who wish to submit GRE scores may do so, but scores are not required (scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Code #2259)
- Official degree transcripts: confirming prior degree conferral are required for all applicants, regardless of matriculation status. These should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline for your program of interest, and should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions (email@example.com) via secure electronic delivery. If electronic delivery is not available, please request that your transcripts be submitted directly via post, in a sealed envelope, to: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Office of Admissions, Fordham University, 441 E. Fordham Rd., Bronx, NY 10458. Please note: you may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application while the Office of Admissions awaits receipt of your official transcripts.
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results and the Duolingo English Test (DET) as an assessment of your English competency.
Official TOEFL, IELTS, or DET scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – code #2259. Please consult the English Proficiency web page for additional information.
Minimum score requirements for most programs:
|IELTS||7.0 band score|
Please note: exemptions from this requirement can be requested by the applicant in her/his application, or can be made in writing by the applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly consult the GSAS English Proficiency page for exemption guidelines.
Please refer to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Admissions page for further clarification, or send admissions questions to email@example.com
If you need assistance filling out or submitting the online application please contact GSAS Admissions at 718-817-4416.