Part I Section I: Salary and Benefit Provisions for Active Faculty
A-17 Long-Term Disability Plan
- Faculty are provided with a long-term disability plan. The entire cost of the plan is borne by the University. Faculty become eligible for coverage after completion of twelve months of service.
- The plan provides benefits (60% of last contract salary) which begin after six consecutive months of total disability and may continue during total disability as follows:
- If disabled before age 60, total disability payments cease at age 65, when provisions of the retirement annuity are implemented, if applicable.
- If disabled after age 60 through 68, total disability payments continue until the earlier of (a) five years or (b) age 70.
- If disabled at age 69 or older, benefits are for twelve months.
- The plan provides for contributions to be made to the Retirement Plan.
- For a detailed description of the plan provisions, see the summary plan description in the Office of Human Resources.
Pages in Part I Section I: Salary and Benefit Provisions for Active Faculty