Media Management Program Overview
All kinds of people become media professionals.
Gabelli School graduates become media leaders.
The Master of Science in Media Management (MSMM) curriculum covers a range of topics relevant to today’s media landscape, from international media systems to sports media to social media. MSMM students benefit from direct access to our faculty’s original research, and they attend media events throughout the year to discuss trends with New York executives and build their professional networks.
The MS in Media Management prepares students for careers in both traditional and new media industries, emphasizing innovation, leadership, public relations, marketing, brand strategy, entrepreneurship, social media, and product development.
The Gabelli School MSMM program is STEM-approved, offering international students the ability to work for a longer period without immediate need of sponsorship.
As part of our BS/MS Program, undergraduate students at the Gabelli School of Business may qualify for up to six credits. A list of qualifying courses can be found below.
Courses that can qualify for 6 graduate credits waiver
Gabelli Undergraduate courses
- CMBU 4471 The Business of New Media
- CMBU 4453 Social Media
- CMBU 4474 Exploring Business Through Media (offered at RH)
- CMBU 4488 Business of Sports Media (offered at RH)
- CMBU 4412 Understanding Audiences and Users (offered at LC)
- CMBU 4413 Digital Media and Promotional Communication (offered at LC)
- CMBU 3434 Integrated Marketing Communication
Fordham College Communication and Media Studies/New Media and Digital Design Courses that can qualify for the 6 credits, in addition to the Gabelli courses above.
- COMC 3174 Public Relations
- COMC 3186 Sports Communication
- COMC 3380 International Communication
- COMC 2175 Persuasion and Public Opinion
- COMC 2329 Introduction to Media Industries
- COMC 3173 Marketing and the Media
- COMC 3350 New Media and Communication Law
- COMC 2112 Strategic Communication
- DTEM 1401 Introduction to Digital Technology and Emerging Media
- DTEM 3476 Social Media
- NMDD 3308 Professional Social Media
- INSY 4431 Web Analytics
- INSY 4505 Electronic Commerce
- INSY 4432 Mobile Commerce and Applications
- MKBU 3434 Integrated Marketing Communication
Interested applicants may reach out to Catherine O'Hara at cohara@fordham.