Corporate Compliance (Online)
Fordham Law’s LL.M. program in Corporate Compliance—the first of its kind in the country—introduces students to a rapidly emerging field that is often global in scope. This unique program prepares candidates to respond effectively to new and complex regulatory demands. Students will explore the role of in-house counsel, the corporate compliance office, and the elements of compliance, including risk assessment, attorney-client privilege, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, global codes of conduct, crisis management, deferred prosecution and non-prosecution agreements, and corporate social responsibility. Students will learn the basic regulatory framework, especially in the banking and financial regulatory industries, and will be trained in the skills that are essential for any compliance professional.
Fordham's LL.M. in Corporate Compliance is offered both on campus and online. The online program consists of both asychronous and synchronous coursework. Asynchronous coursework consists of videos, lectures, and questions that students watch on their own time throughout the week. Students will also participate in weekly live synchronous sessions with professors to discuss that week's material.
Most of our classes are held between 6:00PM and 10:00PM Eastern time. Starting with the Summer 2021 term we are pleased to begin offering morning classes, between 7:00AM and 9:00AM to accommodate international students as well as domestic students who would prefer that time slot.
Each student is required to complete a minimum of 24 credits of approved courses. Students may take 2-15 credits per semester and can complete the program in as few as 2 or as many as 7 semesters. All students pay tuition on a per-credit basis.
- Introduction to US Law and Legal Institutions (3 credits)*
- Legal Writing and Research (2 credits)*
- Introduction to Corporate Compliance (4 credits)
- Corporations (3 credits)**
- Compliance Risk Assessment (3 credits)
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption Compliance Programs – Design and Implementation (1 credit)
- Anti-Money Laundering (3 credits)***
- Antitrust Compliance (1 credit)
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency & the Law (1 credit)
- Campaign Finance Compliance (1 credit) - Summer 2022
- Compliance Innovation & Technology (1 credit)
- Corporate Sustainability - Complying with Evolvoing Global Frameworks and Regulations (2 credits)
- Creating an Effective Ethics and Compliance and Ethics Training and Communication Program (1 credit)
- Crisis Management (3 credits)
- Compliance Colloquium in New York City (1 credit, in person)
- Economic Sanctions Compliance (1 credit)
- Employment Law (2 credits)
- Environmental Law (3 credits) - Fall 2022
- Healthcare Compliance (3 credits)
- Human Rights Compliance (2 credit)
- Internal Investigations (1 credit)
- International Financial Crime (2 credits)***
- Investment Management Regulation (3 credits)
- Leading with Purpose – Key Skills and Qualities for Success in Your Compliance Career (1 credit)
- Privacy & Cybersecurity (3 credits)
Course descriptions are available by clicking here.
*Students who are admitted to the New York bar may seek waivers from Introduction to the U.S. Legal System and Process and/or Legal Writing and Research for LL.M Students by submitting the online Request for Waiver from LLM/MSL Program Requirements form. However they are not encouraged to do so as these courses provide a fundamental base of knowledge and skills that are extremely useful for attorneys in the U.S. and that will be useful for all other U.S. law school classes.
**Students who have taken Corporations as part of their U.S. or foreign law study may seek a waiver of this requirement by submitting the online waiver request form.
***Anti-Money Laundering or International Financial Crime are strongly recommended, but not required.
Please note that this degree does not confer bar eligibility. In order to be eligible for the bar students must complete the on campus LL.M degree.