Professional Development Opportunities
Announcing several professional development opportunities within Fordham University for GSAS students.
To apply for these positions, please go to Application for GSAS Professional Development Assignments.
These positions include hourly compensation as follows:
- Master's Students: $17.00/hour
- Doctoral Students: $19.19/hour
Assistant Editor for Humanitarian Affairs Publications
Rate: M.A.- $17.00/hour and Ph.D. $19.19/hour
The Assistant Editor position would play an integral role in supporting the University Professor of the IIHA with a specific book project. June 2017 will mark the 50th International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance (IDHA) program, a groundbreaking holistic and intensive Advanced Certificate course for mid-career aid professionals. As a way to both record and celebrate this, the University Professor is editing a book of essays on the program and the lives of some of the 3,000 alumni that have been drawn to this program.
- Review and formatting. of manuscripts
- Research as needed
- Creation of citations, fact-checking
- Following-up with contributors
- Mailing and distribution of the final publication
The successful candidate will meet weekly with the University Professor at his NYC office, as well as maintaining regular contact through telephone and email correspondence.
The successful candidate will also work with other members of the IIHA Office at Rose Hill, most especially the IIHA Executive Director and the IIHA Communications Officer.
Ideal candidates will possess excellent editing and written communications skills, experience conducting on-line and desk research; and must have a good working knowledge of the humanitarian system. Previous experience working/interning either at the United Nations, an international nongovernmental organization, or charity is preferred. The successful candidate will also possess a high degree of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills; and demonstrated ability to multitask and complete projects with multiple and sometimes overlapping deadlines.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to IIHA Executive Director, Brendan Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Instructional Technologist Assistant
We are looking for a part-time student worker to help in the Faculty Technology Center, with the main responsibility of creating and editing content in the areas of faculty development, emerging technology, and digital citizenship. The candidate needs to have a genuine interest in learning and technology, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and have some experience with design and media creation. Training will be provided.
- Create/format PPT presentations with appropriate visuals/animations from outline and transcript
- Create/edit images, videos, flyers, infographics, and emails
- Assist with managing faculty workshops and events
- Researching other academic websites to see what other schools are doing
- Interact & communicate with peers, etc, for ideas
- Post to social media sites including but not limited to: Fb, Twitter, Blog, and newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a registered Fordham University student in good standing
- Graphic Design and Media Creation background and/or experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Experience with graduate-level coursework or academic support
- Genuine interest in technology; stays informed of the latest tech advances
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.