Professional Development Assignments for GSAS Students
Hourly rates for all GSAS students unless otherwise noted:
Master's Students - $17.70/hour
Doctoral Students - $19.95/hour
Professional Development Opportunities
Our mission is to enhance both the academic experiences and quality of life for our graduate students. There are no professional development opportunities available at this time.
Other Job Opportunities
Graduate Assistant Position opening in the Office for International Services
Start Date: May 2019
Hours: 12 – 15 hours per week
Rate of pay: $18 per hour
If interested, please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com and include availability date.
Deadline to submit application: April 12, 2019
Please note: While this opening is for the summer of 2019, there may be an opportunity to continue employment beyond the summer term. When you apply, please state whether you are interested in summer or summer/academic year.
The Office for International Services (OIS) is the office that assists students and scholars who need a visa in order to come to the US and study/do research at Fordham. We serve these populations before their arrival and throughout their time at Fordham. We also offer programming to Fordham’s international population, including a new undergraduate welcome program and useful info sessions throughout the semester.
The graduate assistant is expected to be a welcoming presence to our international students and scholars. As the first point of contact, we are seeking a capable and professional graduate assistant to:
- Comprehend, trust and follow the established office processes and procedures
- Understand the complex nature of advising and be able to determine when to escalate issues to an OIS official for handling
- Handle the requests/inquiries of visitors to the OIS office
- Be responsible for completing routine service requests from students (e.g. letter requests, document pickups, etc)
- Monitor and manage the office email accounts to assure that inquiries are addressed and responded to in a timely manner
- Take direction well and be able to follow instructions
- Assist with monitoring our online appointment calendar
- Learn and use specialized programs to manage student/scholar information
- Handle general office duties, including checking voicemail, filing, sending packages, making copies replenishing office documents, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Proficiency in basic computer functions, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, and Google Drive
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (in person and on the phone)
- Exercise great attention to detail
- Willing to learn about the office functions and regulations, and to effectively utilize those in the position
- Second language helpful but not necessary
- Reliable, proactive, and professional team player