Employers determine which J.D. class years based on graduation date they will consider for interviews when they register for the OCI Program, whether Spring OCI or Fall OCI (Early Interview Week, Resume Advance, Fall Weeks) and Resume Collect Programs.
The Registrar’s Office is the sole office that determines a student’s class year and graduation date on behalf of the Law School; that information is incorporated into Symplicity (the CPC does not and cannot make independent assessments as to graduation date and/or class year). In all of your outreach and engagement with employers, whether through CPC or Law School organized avenues or not, it is expected that your application materials reflect that Class Year and Graduation Date as determined by the Registrar's Office.
For purposes of participating in the CPC’s On-Campus Interview and Resume Collect Programs, which includes Fall OCI (Early Interview Week, Resume Advance, and Fall Weeks) and Spring OCI, the Symplicity system only allows students to see and bid on employers that are considering their Class Year and Graduation Date.
The CPC cannot change your Class Year or Graduation Date, it can only follow the Registrar’s Office determination. Students must be determined by the Registrar’s Office to be the particular Class Year and Graduation Date at the time of participating in the particular OCI program.
For example, Early Interview Week 2020: For a student to bid on employers that are considering the JD Class of 2022, the student must be determined by the Registrar’s Office to be a member of the JD Class of 2022 as of the opening of bidding for Early Interview Week 2020 (Monday June 1, 2020).
Ineligible to participate in the 2020 Fall On-Campus Interview Program:
- FLS students Visiting Away (including FLS-sponsored “Semester Abroad” programs):
Students who are studying away from Fordham Law School are ineligible to bid or otherwise participate in Fall Weeks and/or Spring OCI, including but not limited to:
- Fordham Law students who will spend the Fall or Spring semester, or the entire academic year, as Visiting Students at other law schools are ineligible to participate in Fall Weeks and/or Spring OCI during the semester(s) they are visiting at another law school; and
- Fordham Law students who will be studying abroad as part of FLS-sponsored Semester Abroad or Academic-Year Abroad Programs are ineligible to participate in Fall Weeks and/or Spring OCI during the semester(s) they are studying abroad.
Students visiting away can access the Continuously Updated Excel Spreadsheet of Participating Employers and therefore will be able to apply directly to employers listed therein.
- JD Students who graduated in May 2020 or prior and those who will graduate in September 2020.
- JD Students who will begin their first year legal studies in Fall 2020.