Candidates for the M.A. in Urban Studies are expected to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 from an accredited college or university. Completed applications will include each of the following items:
- Resume/CV (submit via the online application)
- Statement of intent (up to 500 words, submitted electronically via the online application)
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers (submitted directly by referees via the online application)
- Writing sample (5 - 7 pages maximum, submitted electronically via the online application)
- Official degree transcripts confirming prior degree conferral are required for all applicants, regardless of matriculation status. These should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline for your program of interest, and should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions (email@example.com) via secure electronic delivery. If electronic delivery is not available, please request that your transcripts be submitted directly via post, in a sealed envelope, to: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Office of Admissions, Fordham University, 441 E. Fordham Rd., Bronx, NY 10458. Please note: you may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application while the Office of Admissions awaits receipt of your official transcripts.
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results.
Official TOEFL or IELTS scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Code # 2259. Please consult the English Proficiency web page for additional information.
The GREs are not required, unless you are interested in applying for financial aid. Please see GSAS Funding website for further information.
For more information about admission requirements, visit the Graduate Schools of Arts and Sciences.