- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Personal statement of not more than 500 words
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- A writing sample, maximum of 5-7 pages
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results.
Official TOEFL or IELTS scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Code # 2259. Please consult the English Proficiency web page for additional information.
The GREs are not required, unless you are interested in applying for financial aid. Please see GSAS Funding website for further information.
For more information about admission requirements, visit the Graduate Schools of Arts and Sciences.