Reporting an Incident
Reporting an Incident Confidentially
Counseling and Psychological Services
Clinical Counselors within this office are considered confidential and do not have reporting requirements within the University.
- Rose Hill | 718-817-3725 | O'Hare Hall, Lower Level
- Lincoln Center | 212-636-6225 | 140 W. 62nd, G02
In an emergency situation or after hours, please contact a resident assistant, resident director, or the Department of Public Safety for assistance. These staff members can contact the Office of Counseling Services' professional staff as necessary to respond during off-hours. Counseling services are available to all students who have experienced a sexual offense, stalking, or dating or domestic violence. Crisis, urgent, and walk-in appointments are welcome.
All CPS clinical services are free and confidential. Clinical staff are not required to report sexual misconduct situations unless there is an immediate threat to you or others. All CPS counselors are qualified to assist students who have experienced trauma, including rape, sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence. Consultation is available to administrators, faculty, family members, or students who are concerned about a student.
Office of Campus Ministry
Office of Campus Ministry
Pastoral Counselors within this office are considered confidential and do not have reporting requirements within the University.
- Rose Hill | 718-817-4500 | McGinley Center, 1st Floor
- Lincoln Center | 212-636-6267 | 140 W. 62nd, Room 141
- Westchester | 914-367-3420 | Room 133
University Health Services (UHS) on both campuses has nurse practitioners who are Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners SANE). They are specifically trained to assist survivors of sexual assault and can assist in the medical care, follow-up/referral process, and provide general support to survivors. Emergent cases presenting to the UHS will be referred to a hospital in the area that specializes in the care of sexual assault. Students presenting for testing for a possible exposure to sexually transmitted infections can and will be treated by UHS. If those particular students are identified as possible victims of sexual assault, they will be referred to an outside agency specializing in the care of sexual assault.
- Rose Hill | O'Hare Hall-Lower Level | 718-817-4160
- Lincoln Center | 140 W. 62nd, Room G-16 | 212-636-7160
The below hotlines are completely confidential and available 24/7.
- RAPE Crisis Hotline: 914-345-911
- NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673)
- Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project: 212-714-1141
- Crime Victim's Hotline: 212-577-7777
- Safe Horizon's Rape/Sexual Assault and Incest Hotline: 212-227-3000
- New York State Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline 800-942-6906
- New York State Office of Victim Services 800-247-8035 or www.ovs.ny.gov