Hooman Estelami is a full professor in marketing at the Gabelli School of Business. He received his PhD in marketing from Columbia University and has served as a consultant to several leading financial-services companies. He has received national awards for his research and teaching as well as several honors from Fordham, including the Gladys and Henry Crown Award for Academic Excellence in 2000, 2002 and 2009, and the Stanley Fuchs Teaching Award in 2010.
Dr. Estelami has published dozens of articles, research reports and book chapters on topics relating to financial-services marketing, pricing, customer-service management and buyer behavior. His work has been published in the Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Service Research and Journal of Services Marketing. He is the editor of the International Journal of Bank Marketing and the author of the textbook Marketing Financial Services. His other books are Marketing Turnarounds: A Guide to Surviving Downturns and Rediscovering Growth and Frontiers of Distance Learning in Business.
- 2020 Dean's Awards for Faculty Service, Gabelli School of Business.
- 2019 Dean's Awards for Faculty Service, Gabelli School of Business.
- 2012 Best Paper of the Year Award, Marketing Education Review.
- 2012 Marketing Area Teaching Award, Fordham University.
- 2009-2010 Stanley Fuchs Faculty Award (teacher of the year), Graduate School of Business, Fordham University.