Who We Look For and Deadlines
Before applying, all DMin applicants must have met the following criteria:
- Have earned a Masters of Divinty (MDiv) or its equivalent
- Have three or more years of ministerial leadership experience completed (after earning the MDiv degree)
In addition to the above requirements, the DMin admissions committee looks to admit applicants who have:
- Earned a 3.0 GPA (undergraduate program)
- Earned a 3.5 GPA (graduate program)
- A potential for making a strong contribution to the field of ministry through the practical application of doctoral work to ministerial leadership roles
- A clear career path moving forward after graduation
- Strong writing and research capabilities
If you would like more information as to whether or not this program is a good fit for you and your career/ministerial goals or whether or not you are the type of applicant the DMin admissions committee is looking for, contact us any time to set-up a meeting with one of our DMin faculty members.
All who apply to the DMin program must submit the following:
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume/CV
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- All Academic Transcripts
- One 15-30 page Writing Sample
- International Transcript Evaluation (for international students only)
- TOEFL Exam Score (for international students only)
In addition to the above, applicants to this program may also be contacted for a phone or in-person interview.
For more a more detailed outlining of each of these requirements, including the full outlining of what DMin applicants must submit for their personal statement, please see our main Application Requirements page. International applicants should refer to our International Applicants page.
Doctor of Ministry
- November 1 for Spring admission
- January 15 for late Spring or Summer session admission
- April 15 for Fall semester admission
All DMin applicants can expect to be notified of the committee's decision within four weeks of the application deadline. However, should the committee be delayed for any reason (e.g., weather, conflicts in schedules,etc.), all DMin applicants will be kept informed as to when they might expect to receive a decision. Please note, DMin applications are not reviewed outside the bounds of the above application deadlines.