Verification of Employment and Salary
The Work Number®, a convenient, 24-hour service, provides a secure way for employees to authorize third party verifiers such as lenders, landlords, and social service agencies (and any other individual or organization requiring verification of employment or income), to confirm their Fordham University employment and salary information.
The Work Number provides the following information to the individual or organization requesting proof:
- Your name
- Your total time with Fordham University
- Your current or last job title
- Your current year-to-date earnings as well as your earnings for the past two years
- Your most recent start date
- A reference number
Providing Proof of Employment:
Give the following information to the individual or organization requesting proof of employment:
- Your Social Security Number
- The Work Number phone: 1-800-367-5690
- The Work Number website: theworknumber.com
- Fordham University Employer Code: 19711
Providing Proof of Income:
To release income information, you must first create a unique authorization number, called a salary key, with The Work Number. A salary key is a 6-digit number that expires after 180 days and can only be used once by the entity requesting proof (the verifier).
After the salary key is created, you will be able to give the company or verifier access to your income information.
If the verifier identifies a salary discrepancy, you should contact The Work Number.
To create a salary key online:
- Log in to The Work Number through the University portal, My.Fordham.edu.
- On the left-hand side of the Human Resources tab, within the Employment Verification channel, select the “Verify Your Employment at Fordham” button.
- Select “Prove Employment/Income” from the main menu, then select “Prove Income Instructions”
- A salary key will be automatically generated. You will then be able to print the salary key number or email it to yourself with directions to provide the verifier
For Former Employees:
If you are a former employee, please contact the Office of Human Resources Management at 718-817-4930 if you need employment verification.