The purpose of Employee and Labor Relations is to provide support to University administrators, managers and supervisors in the areas of contract administration, grievances, discipline,and performance management. Employee and Labor Relations also works closely with local bargaining unit representatives to advance a harmonious and respectful working relationship. Our goal is to provide consistent, professional and timely services to all Fordham University employees. Services provided by Employee and Labor Relations staff include:
- Providing counsel and advice regarding performance management and discipline
- Negotiating bargaining unit agreements
- Interpreting and ensuring compliance with the provisions of the collective bargaining agreements
- Processing grievances and providing arbitration support
- Reviewing and approving all disciplinary actions including written warnings, suspensions and terminations
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships between all campus groups
The basic purpose of an Employee Relations area within The Human Resources Department is to maintain solid working relationships between the employer and employees.